Skip to main content

Election reflection...

So the ANC(sleeze) look set for a two thirds majority, something I hoped would not happen. At least it looks like their majority will be down, which is great, it shows there is a turn in the tide however small. The voting predictably was along racial lines which is unfortunate but understandable given our apartheid past. It would seem though that we have merely swopped one party of racial despots for another. Sad given the ANC's most admirable past as struggle movement. It has evolved into something for less laudable though, just as greedy, unjust & racist as the regime it's replaced! But hey, there's always hope, and this reduced majority could be the start of the 'post revolution revolution', I hope so...

Posted by ShoZu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time for change...

Or should it be change with time? Sometimes I feel we get the two confused... I think we should live true according to our heart's knowledge of what's right, strive to live that way despite the hardship that may at times arise and in that way, as the cliche goes we can be the change we want to see in the world!!! Posted from Blogium for iPhone

Great quote on Affirmative Action in SA

“South Africa is the only country in the world where affirmative action is in the favour of the majority who has complete political control. The fact that the political majority requires affirmative action to protect them against a 9% minority group is testament to a complete failure on their part to build their own wealth making structures, such that their only solution is to take it from others.” London Times

We are warriors, of sorts...

I get that there are 'different' types of Christians in the world, and indeed that it takes all types of people, Christian and otherwise to make the world, I myself don't understand why people put so much effort into trying to convert 'other' religions to their own because I dont think religion (or faith) defines a persons character, or implies some form or depth of integrity... I just don't get it, its not to say I'm right or wrong, but if we focussed more on living better lives, giving more, being more empathetic, more gracious in defeat, more sharing in victory and more loving then I'm convinced that we'll be better people and the world, in some incremental way would be a better place, whatever faith we practice! The piece above, I did purely to convey that at times it takes a bit of delivry to create the best angels...not always, but battles and wars are far from fairytales and love poems...