Skip to main content

New iPhone 3G S...& that OS 3.0 mmm ya

Ok, so it is sorta new, the new iPhone 3G S but I'd say it's more of an upgrade than anything else, the bigger news is the new software (version 3.0)... hardware wise the 'new' iPhone has a new 600MHz processor, up from the 433 MHz one in the 3G version (the 2nd Gen iPod Touch has a 533MHz processor).

Pity that the battery life of the 3G S hasn't improved though. The camera has been upgraded (something the iPod hasn't got) to 3 megapixel.

But the big news (for the iPod) is the software update, which will activate the bluetooth embedded in the iPod Touch so bluetooth headsets will be an option when listening to music watching movies etc. for the iPhone and iPod Touch alike the software version 3.0 will improve and add much more functionality (cut, copy, paste which has been sorely missed, and a novel search function called spotlight) to both and apparently open up a whole new frontier for games and applications alike...

Now if Apple would just open an iTunes store for SA, we have an application store (app's and a few pathetic games) but we definitely don't have all the high end app's and especially games that are available elsewhere!!?? come on Apple, we've been patient enough...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time for change...

Or should it be change with time? Sometimes I feel we get the two confused... I think we should live true according to our heart's knowledge of what's right, strive to live that way despite the hardship that may at times arise and in that way, as the cliche goes we can be the change we want to see in the world!!! Posted from Blogium for iPhone

Great quote on Affirmative Action in SA

“South Africa is the only country in the world where affirmative action is in the favour of the majority who has complete political control. The fact that the political majority requires affirmative action to protect them against a 9% minority group is testament to a complete failure on their part to build their own wealth making structures, such that their only solution is to take it from others.” London Times

We are warriors, of sorts...

I get that there are 'different' types of Christians in the world, and indeed that it takes all types of people, Christian and otherwise to make the world, I myself don't understand why people put so much effort into trying to convert 'other' religions to their own because I dont think religion (or faith) defines a persons character, or implies some form or depth of integrity... I just don't get it, its not to say I'm right or wrong, but if we focussed more on living better lives, giving more, being more empathetic, more gracious in defeat, more sharing in victory and more loving then I'm convinced that we'll be better people and the world, in some incremental way would be a better place, whatever faith we practice! The piece above, I did purely to convey that at times it takes a bit of delivry to create the best angels...not always, but battles and wars are far from fairytales and love poems...