Skip to main content

Future Ramifications

I wonder how much time we spend thinking about 'bigger picture' issues that don't have us at their centre? I was shocked at my own parochial, selfish functioning that had or put me at the centre of all my reflection and introspection... And then we wonder why we've become such a one dimensional non-society, cos we function on a purely individual basis, where consideration of others or 'bigger picture' priorities, or indeed realities are absolute misnomers! And I wonder what hope there is for a sustainable world when we have 6 billion individuals and no real community?!

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time for change...

Or should it be change with time? Sometimes I feel we get the two confused... I think we should live true according to our heart's knowledge of what's right, strive to live that way despite the hardship that may at times arise and in that way, as the cliche goes we can be the change we want to see in the world!!! Posted from Blogium for iPhone

Great quote on Affirmative Action in SA

“South Africa is the only country in the world where affirmative action is in the favour of the majority who has complete political control. The fact that the political majority requires affirmative action to protect them against a 9% minority group is testament to a complete failure on their part to build their own wealth making structures, such that their only solution is to take it from others.” London Times

Attitude is NB

The reality is just that plain, people with a positive attitude, enjoy more successes than those with sh1tty attitudes… The trick is to have and maintain a positive attitude in spite of the myriad of challenges that exist, next to reflect and look at how we can reach be a little more positive then hey, I firmly believe it comes down to striving to be better, in what we we do and how we engage with those around us, be they friend’s, stranger or colleagues. Be friendly, helpful and honest… It’s a good start