Skip to main content

whats in a photo...?

Yes I guess many would say people who take photos miss the small moments, cos they're too obsessed with whats happening behind the lens, well I agree and I don't agree.

I would just have disagreed but a while ago while travelling with my wife she alluded to the fact that I shouldn't just focus on the photos, but also need to take things in, adsorb, experience, etc. and she's right, very much so...

Its important (for me) to get the photos, but my motivation is now different, I know only take photos if there is something that will allow me to express my art, to capture something special, odd, unexpected etc. but I don't wander around taking photos for the hell of it. I've realised that I've grown as a photographer, so when I enter a place or context I very quickly identify photos to take if any, if there is nothing I put my camera away and take in the scenes, the life, and absorb whats going on around me. I prioritise the experience, when the scene or context changes I assess and take a photo or two, then the camera goes away again.

So its about balance, but its about identifying the need for the balance, how to structure the balance and allowing one's self the opportunity to grow, and not do the same constrictive process ad naseum... and wonder why your results stagnate, or look much the same but with a different timestamp...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are warriors, of sorts...

I get that there are 'different' types of Christians in the world, and indeed that it takes all types of people, Christian and otherwise to make the world, I myself don't understand why people put so much effort into trying to convert 'other' religions to their own because I dont think religion (or faith) defines a persons character, or implies some form or depth of integrity... I just don't get it, its not to say I'm right or wrong, but if we focussed more on living better lives, giving more, being more empathetic, more gracious in defeat, more sharing in victory and more loving then I'm convinced that we'll be better people and the world, in some incremental way would be a better place, whatever faith we practice! The piece above, I did purely to convey that at times it takes a bit of delivry to create the best angels...not always, but battles and wars are far from fairytales and love poems...

Time for change...

Or should it be change with time? Sometimes I feel we get the two confused... I think we should live true according to our heart's knowledge of what's right, strive to live that way despite the hardship that may at times arise and in that way, as the cliche goes we can be the change we want to see in the world!!! Posted from Blogium for iPhone

Great quote on Affirmative Action in SA

“South Africa is the only country in the world where affirmative action is in the favour of the majority who has complete political control. The fact that the political majority requires affirmative action to protect them against a 9% minority group is testament to a complete failure on their part to build their own wealth making structures, such that their only solution is to take it from others.” London Times