Skip to main content

In the absence of thought


Hi, I guess the photo was pretty much a precursor to the title of the mail, just going with the flow as they say, although that's not me, not when it comes to the stuff that counts, but on a superficial, fun level it'll suite me fine. Though to be quite frank thoughts, thinking, considering, wondering etc. is something we do just too damn much, we don't do enough, we always want to think things through, wonder how it'll will affect others, and I'm not saying that its wrong to be considerate, that's cool, but when we start defining ourselves not by what we do but by what others may or may not think of us, well then we're missing the boat so to speak. And, unfortunately that's exactly what we do, more and more.

Like this guy or metal mind as I call him, one can see that he obviously takes his time, thinking things through ad naseum, deep in thought is a given with him, the difference being he hasn't got any choice, he's sorta permanently consumed in thought without the option of action. We don't have an excuse, historically we are creatures of action, yes, predicated on thought but they merely serve as a basis for inspiration, motivation, need or desire I guess. These days though we want to continually rationalise, understand and consider all permutation's of any impending action to the point of absolute indecisiveness and measured action which is about as spontaneous as willingly going to the dentist knowing he or she is going to hurt you...

I tell you now you have to 'fight' against the mediocrity of too much thought, abstract or otherwise, trust me 'metal mind' wishes he could break the mould!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time for change...

Or should it be change with time? Sometimes I feel we get the two confused... I think we should live true according to our heart's knowledge of what's right, strive to live that way despite the hardship that may at times arise and in that way, as the cliche goes we can be the change we want to see in the world!!! Posted from Blogium for iPhone

Great quote on Affirmative Action in SA

“South Africa is the only country in the world where affirmative action is in the favour of the majority who has complete political control. The fact that the political majority requires affirmative action to protect them against a 9% minority group is testament to a complete failure on their part to build their own wealth making structures, such that their only solution is to take it from others.” London Times

We are warriors, of sorts...

I get that there are 'different' types of Christians in the world, and indeed that it takes all types of people, Christian and otherwise to make the world, I myself don't understand why people put so much effort into trying to convert 'other' religions to their own because I dont think religion (or faith) defines a persons character, or implies some form or depth of integrity... I just don't get it, its not to say I'm right or wrong, but if we focussed more on living better lives, giving more, being more empathetic, more gracious in defeat, more sharing in victory and more loving then I'm convinced that we'll be better people and the world, in some incremental way would be a better place, whatever faith we practice! The piece above, I did purely to convey that at times it takes a bit of delivry to create the best angels...not always, but battles and wars are far from fairytales and love poems...