Skip to main content

My new Poddy 2nd Gen

After knocking Apple for yrs I've taken the plunge, suffice to say it's truly awesome! I was the first to say NO! not an Apple, iTunes sux, iPods are overpriced etc etc. But after taking the plunge (traitor that I am) I have to say it really is an unbelievable device, and so much more than a mere MP3/4 player, the 2nd Gen has a faster processor compared to the 1st Gen (& iPhone 3G) its slimmer, now with a full aluminium back (iPhone & 1st Gen has plastic backs), in built speaker and external volume buttons. Battery life is boosted to with 35 odd hours of music playing and about 5 to 6 hours video playback, if you use it for a lot of WiFi and gaming it's battery life comes down to 2 to 3 hrs (constant use). And the intuitiveness and seamlessness with which app's work and function is in a league of its own, seriously.

The reason I took the plunge... besides the glorious design is the fact that we have a App Store in SA now so applications and games can be bought through the iTunes store, no music or videos yet but I get those from other web sites so its no hassle.

In addition, I bought Tania (my gorgeous wife) an iPod Classic 30 gig about 4 yrs ago, which she still has and it still works as well as it did the day she got it, battery life still fine, incredibly well made, anyhow, a few weeks ago I laid my hands on it (for the first time in ages (literally) and I remembered how old it was but how wow it still looked, and I thought mmm, maybe time to reconsider, definitely!

Oh, a shout out to Francios (Frank) gallivanting through Morocco on his bike, be safe, enjoy and absorb! Luv J&T

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the note on my blog and the mention on yours!!

I made the bike trip back in one piece.

Popular posts from this blog

We are warriors, of sorts...

I get that there are 'different' types of Christians in the world, and indeed that it takes all types of people, Christian and otherwise to make the world, I myself don't understand why people put so much effort into trying to convert 'other' religions to their own because I dont think religion (or faith) defines a persons character, or implies some form or depth of integrity... I just don't get it, its not to say I'm right or wrong, but if we focussed more on living better lives, giving more, being more empathetic, more gracious in defeat, more sharing in victory and more loving then I'm convinced that we'll be better people and the world, in some incremental way would be a better place, whatever faith we practice! The piece above, I did purely to convey that at times it takes a bit of delivry to create the best angels...not always, but battles and wars are far from fairytales and love poems...

Time for change...

Or should it be change with time? Sometimes I feel we get the two confused... I think we should live true according to our heart's knowledge of what's right, strive to live that way despite the hardship that may at times arise and in that way, as the cliche goes we can be the change we want to see in the world!!! Posted from Blogium for iPhone

Great quote on Affirmative Action in SA

“South Africa is the only country in the world where affirmative action is in the favour of the majority who has complete political control. The fact that the political majority requires affirmative action to protect them against a 9% minority group is testament to a complete failure on their part to build their own wealth making structures, such that their only solution is to take it from others.” London Times