Skip to main content

Overly selfish instead of selfless...

I wonder how much time we spend thinking about 'bigger picture' issues (and then commit to an issue) that don't have us at their centre? I was shocked at my own parochial, selfish functioning, I see that my process of reflection and introspection is based on the premise that I be at the centre of the process...

And then we wonder why we've become such a one dimensional non-society, cos we function on a purely individual basis, where consideration of others or 'bigger picture' priorities, or indeed realities (that are not directly relevant to us) are absolute misnomers! And I wonder what hope there is for a sustainable world when we have 6 billion people and no real community?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time for change...

Or should it be change with time? Sometimes I feel we get the two confused... I think we should live true according to our heart's knowledge of what's right, strive to live that way despite the hardship that may at times arise and in that way, as the cliche goes we can be the change we want to see in the world!!! Posted from Blogium for iPhone

We are warriors, of sorts...

I get that there are 'different' types of Christians in the world, and indeed that it takes all types of people, Christian and otherwise to make the world, I myself don't understand why people put so much effort into trying to convert 'other' religions to their own because I dont think religion (or faith) defines a persons character, or implies some form or depth of integrity... I just don't get it, its not to say I'm right or wrong, but if we focussed more on living better lives, giving more, being more empathetic, more gracious in defeat, more sharing in victory and more loving then I'm convinced that we'll be better people and the world, in some incremental way would be a better place, whatever faith we practice! The piece above, I did purely to convey that at times it takes a bit of delivry to create the best angels...not always, but battles and wars are far from fairytales and love poems...

Great quote on Affirmative Action in SA

“South Africa is the only country in the world where affirmative action is in the favour of the majority who has complete political control. The fact that the political majority requires affirmative action to protect them against a 9% minority group is testament to a complete failure on their part to build their own wealth making structures, such that their only solution is to take it from others.” London Times