Skip to main content

Of Loved One's!

If one doesn't or chooses not to share the good times with those we love then the life one leads is merely a biology centred around existence, as opposed to the sharing, engaging form of humanity that I think we were meant for...and this is not to say that we should be oblivious to the fact that life sometimes is 'tough' and it sometimes takes every ounce of energy just to carry on, but I do believe that being positive is a choice, an attitude towards life that seeks the better as opposed to the worse, and this 'choice' is made real by how we see ourselves in the context of the 'world'...our perception of ourselves may not define us, but it will give some sort of indication as to the person we are.

In sharing the special times with those we love & or care about is exactly why those times are special, by virtue of the company we were in...and yes some times we need the solace, the 'downtime' by ourselves but, when we are with others, we can express ourselves differently and share...and sharing is crucial, in sharing we grow, we learn, we live.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Now that looks like a refreshing idea!

Popular posts from this blog

Time for change...

Or should it be change with time? Sometimes I feel we get the two confused... I think we should live true according to our heart's knowledge of what's right, strive to live that way despite the hardship that may at times arise and in that way, as the cliche goes we can be the change we want to see in the world!!! Posted from Blogium for iPhone

Great quote on Affirmative Action in SA

“South Africa is the only country in the world where affirmative action is in the favour of the majority who has complete political control. The fact that the political majority requires affirmative action to protect them against a 9% minority group is testament to a complete failure on their part to build their own wealth making structures, such that their only solution is to take it from others.” London Times

We are warriors, of sorts...

I get that there are 'different' types of Christians in the world, and indeed that it takes all types of people, Christian and otherwise to make the world, I myself don't understand why people put so much effort into trying to convert 'other' religions to their own because I dont think religion (or faith) defines a persons character, or implies some form or depth of integrity... I just don't get it, its not to say I'm right or wrong, but if we focussed more on living better lives, giving more, being more empathetic, more gracious in defeat, more sharing in victory and more loving then I'm convinced that we'll be better people and the world, in some incremental way would be a better place, whatever faith we practice! The piece above, I did purely to convey that at times it takes a bit of delivry to create the best angels...not always, but battles and wars are far from fairytales and love poems...