Skip to main content

Blah Blah…and life!

I guess everyone goes through those up’s and down’s of life, the crests and the troughs so to speak, and things are far from dismal, and yet, at a professional level I feel rather “troughy’ at present. Maybe its the nature of the current position, being stuck in the middle, never really being able to just go ahead but first having to mediate (directly and/ or indirectly) amongst role players, which essentially alienates you (to some degree) from them cos you cannot be seen to be aligning directly with one, but must rather be seen to be ‘bringing the collective together’.
So the reason from my ‘downer’ is more a case of having a sense of ‘grey’ about where things are, and I’m not a ‘grey’ person, I like black or white, I’d rather take a decision and find out its wrong (and take in the experience) than be ‘forced’, due to circumstance to not take a decision at all. Where everything gets ‘mushy’, and one feels (from a mental and somewhat emotional sense) like you are wading through treacle… The problem is that the more you play the game like that the more nothing actually happens and things take on a tedium that is as frustrating as it is exhausting. So you see I realise that right now, I will not be able to keep all and sundry happy with the process and the outcomes, but how does one convey to a broader majority that the priority is a decent enough ‘something’ and not the perfect something… doubt that makes any sense but it’s how I feel, and I can see that there’s going to be a bit more darkness before the light, and the knowing of that weighs heavy on me, more so than normal because normally its just part of the job sometimes. But today it just feels tougher…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time for change...

Or should it be change with time? Sometimes I feel we get the two confused... I think we should live true according to our heart's knowledge of what's right, strive to live that way despite the hardship that may at times arise and in that way, as the cliche goes we can be the change we want to see in the world!!! Posted from Blogium for iPhone

Great quote on Affirmative Action in SA

“South Africa is the only country in the world where affirmative action is in the favour of the majority who has complete political control. The fact that the political majority requires affirmative action to protect them against a 9% minority group is testament to a complete failure on their part to build their own wealth making structures, such that their only solution is to take it from others.” London Times

We are warriors, of sorts...

I get that there are 'different' types of Christians in the world, and indeed that it takes all types of people, Christian and otherwise to make the world, I myself don't understand why people put so much effort into trying to convert 'other' religions to their own because I dont think religion (or faith) defines a persons character, or implies some form or depth of integrity... I just don't get it, its not to say I'm right or wrong, but if we focussed more on living better lives, giving more, being more empathetic, more gracious in defeat, more sharing in victory and more loving then I'm convinced that we'll be better people and the world, in some incremental way would be a better place, whatever faith we practice! The piece above, I did purely to convey that at times it takes a bit of delivry to create the best angels...not always, but battles and wars are far from fairytales and love poems...