Skip to main content

a year in Full swing… 2015

So 2015 started with much fanfare and here we are in March and the year is just becoming another passage of time, nothing really special about it, save for the bits n pieces happening in people’s lives, sometimes more exciting than others, but mostly I think people are just surviving. Polishing their fake smiles (mostly) agreeing or disagreeing depending on the level of commitment to the argument, discussion and/or person(s) involved…and not really brave enough to put themselves ‘out there’.
Pity that though, cos the world has just morphed into a myriad of constructed situations where our roles are as fake as the lives we lead, I’m generalizing of course, its not all doom and gloom, but sometimes just sometimes when we consciously take a moment and reflect, you’ll realise that the above is true more than we’d like, or want to admit.
The solution, I’m not to sure, its becoming more difficult, the world wants us predictable, wants us controllable cos then we fit in with it’s systems and processes so much better… the solution, I honestly (seriously being honest, sic) don’t know, but you gotta try and fight the grey, maybe the war is lost but hopefully a few battles can still be won!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time for change...

Or should it be change with time? Sometimes I feel we get the two confused... I think we should live true according to our heart's knowledge of what's right, strive to live that way despite the hardship that may at times arise and in that way, as the cliche goes we can be the change we want to see in the world!!! Posted from Blogium for iPhone

Great quote on Affirmative Action in SA

“South Africa is the only country in the world where affirmative action is in the favour of the majority who has complete political control. The fact that the political majority requires affirmative action to protect them against a 9% minority group is testament to a complete failure on their part to build their own wealth making structures, such that their only solution is to take it from others.” London Times

We are warriors, of sorts...

I get that there are 'different' types of Christians in the world, and indeed that it takes all types of people, Christian and otherwise to make the world, I myself don't understand why people put so much effort into trying to convert 'other' religions to their own because I dont think religion (or faith) defines a persons character, or implies some form or depth of integrity... I just don't get it, its not to say I'm right or wrong, but if we focussed more on living better lives, giving more, being more empathetic, more gracious in defeat, more sharing in victory and more loving then I'm convinced that we'll be better people and the world, in some incremental way would be a better place, whatever faith we practice! The piece above, I did purely to convey that at times it takes a bit of delivry to create the best angels...not always, but battles and wars are far from fairytales and love poems...