I understand people that ‘practicalise’ religion, but I figure that even atheists have faith, in something, even if its not of divine nature, the fact that there is some faith in something actually means that there is hope (or faith) in something not practical (in a sense). It could be something as mundane as believing in yourself to do something specific in a specific situation, and that you’d be able to succeed, so, faith in yourself, is it then such a stretch to think the same could hold true for that part of your existential context beyond yourself?? I think not, hence faith is not such a stretch, just a leap beyond yourself.
I get that there are 'different' types of Christians in the world, and indeed that it takes all types of people, Christian and otherwise to make the world, I myself don't understand why people put so much effort into trying to convert 'other' religions to their own because I dont think religion (or faith) defines a persons character, or implies some form or depth of integrity... I just don't get it, its not to say I'm right or wrong, but if we focussed more on living better lives, giving more, being more empathetic, more gracious in defeat, more sharing in victory and more loving then I'm convinced that we'll be better people and the world, in some incremental way would be a better place, whatever faith we practice! The piece above, I did purely to convey that at times it takes a bit of delivry to create the best angels...not always, but battles and wars are far from fairytales and love poems...

Comments