Skip to main content

Honesty, integrity and a good dose of bullshit!

Its laughable how hypocritical we can be, aspire and confess to all the virtues ‘good’ men of old used to measure themselves against, and yet, in this day and age with all its materialism and superficiality, its fake smiles and meaningless laughs, I would say it’s almost impossible to stay true to those virtues, Love, Integrity & Honour… almost that is, but all the bullshit aside, I think we ‘use’ the ‘bullshit’ as a convenient excuse, a means to giving in to the ‘darkside’. The trick is to realise and accept that we need to fight harder than the knights of old to stay true to those age-old virtues that can, if adhered to, or should I say if honestly committed to can make society and us as constituents better! Obviously we also need to realise that we are mere humans, not infallible, but if we can attempt in good conscience to stay ‘on course’ then our faltering can be forgiven at least, understood at most. After-all, when you stand in front of the mirror looking at yourself remember this, integrity is the only virtue you can give yourself, who’s looking back at you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time for change...

Or should it be change with time? Sometimes I feel we get the two confused... I think we should live true according to our heart's knowledge of what's right, strive to live that way despite the hardship that may at times arise and in that way, as the cliche goes we can be the change we want to see in the world!!! Posted from Blogium for iPhone

Great quote on Affirmative Action in SA

“South Africa is the only country in the world where affirmative action is in the favour of the majority who has complete political control. The fact that the political majority requires affirmative action to protect them against a 9% minority group is testament to a complete failure on their part to build their own wealth making structures, such that their only solution is to take it from others.” London Times

We are warriors, of sorts...

I get that there are 'different' types of Christians in the world, and indeed that it takes all types of people, Christian and otherwise to make the world, I myself don't understand why people put so much effort into trying to convert 'other' religions to their own because I dont think religion (or faith) defines a persons character, or implies some form or depth of integrity... I just don't get it, its not to say I'm right or wrong, but if we focussed more on living better lives, giving more, being more empathetic, more gracious in defeat, more sharing in victory and more loving then I'm convinced that we'll be better people and the world, in some incremental way would be a better place, whatever faith we practice! The piece above, I did purely to convey that at times it takes a bit of delivry to create the best angels...not always, but battles and wars are far from fairytales and love poems...