Skip to main content

What do you stand for?

Its easy enough to stand for something, to represent something, to draw that line in the sand (and hopefully be brave enough to defend it) But, is what you stand for what you believe in? Think about it… Its easier to ‘stand for’ the ‘normal’ stuff, the conformist stuff, the stuff people would expect you to defend, but what about the tough stuff, the stuff you know will cause ‘a raised eyebrow, or more’, that ‘stuff’ that deep down you believe in but you ain’t sure about society at large’s ‘agreeing’ with you, are you brave enough to take a stand for that stuff, with as much voracity as the ‘easier’ stuff… think about it!
Avoid the grey, the grey wants you to be predictable, to defend the norm, the accepted, at the expense of what you truly believe in at times… so make sure that when you take that stand, that its for what you believe in and not just what’s expected from you, by others!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time for change...

Or should it be change with time? Sometimes I feel we get the two confused... I think we should live true according to our heart's knowledge of what's right, strive to live that way despite the hardship that may at times arise and in that way, as the cliche goes we can be the change we want to see in the world!!! Posted from Blogium for iPhone

Great quote on Affirmative Action in SA

“South Africa is the only country in the world where affirmative action is in the favour of the majority who has complete political control. The fact that the political majority requires affirmative action to protect them against a 9% minority group is testament to a complete failure on their part to build their own wealth making structures, such that their only solution is to take it from others.” London Times

We are warriors, of sorts...

I get that there are 'different' types of Christians in the world, and indeed that it takes all types of people, Christian and otherwise to make the world, I myself don't understand why people put so much effort into trying to convert 'other' religions to their own because I dont think religion (or faith) defines a persons character, or implies some form or depth of integrity... I just don't get it, its not to say I'm right or wrong, but if we focussed more on living better lives, giving more, being more empathetic, more gracious in defeat, more sharing in victory and more loving then I'm convinced that we'll be better people and the world, in some incremental way would be a better place, whatever faith we practice! The piece above, I did purely to convey that at times it takes a bit of delivry to create the best angels...not always, but battles and wars are far from fairytales and love poems...