Skip to main content

Frustration and bliss…

So you wonder how humanity is gonna survive the future, with all manner of calamity waiting around the bend… its easy actually, we’ll ignore things until the sh1t hits the fan (literally), and then we’ll try manage, fix and apportion blame, hopefully to someone and/or group that are insecure (typically those who have that ‘recycled hippy’ sense of guilt about what we are doing to ‘mother earth’) enough to actually contemplate the notion that they may indeed be to blame (a bit or a bunch, directly or indirectly).
We, both as individuals and as the ‘collective’ have lost the ability to engage with and take responsibility for our actions, the options and opportunities to blame ‘others’ are just too tempting, the option to ‘externalise the cost(s)’ is just to enticing, and with so little consequence, its a win win deal, superficially anyhow, cos the sh1t did hit the fan, that wasn’t a rumour or a likelihood, its an unequivocal reality…
No honour among thieves the saying goes, but when there’s no honour amongst the one’s we’d consider ‘the just and decent’ within the collective then, its safe to assume that the sh1t that did indeed hit the fan is gonna be our undoing, the stuff to ‘asunder’ us for good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time for change...

Or should it be change with time? Sometimes I feel we get the two confused... I think we should live true according to our heart's knowledge of what's right, strive to live that way despite the hardship that may at times arise and in that way, as the cliche goes we can be the change we want to see in the world!!! Posted from Blogium for iPhone

Great quote on Affirmative Action in SA

“South Africa is the only country in the world where affirmative action is in the favour of the majority who has complete political control. The fact that the political majority requires affirmative action to protect them against a 9% minority group is testament to a complete failure on their part to build their own wealth making structures, such that their only solution is to take it from others.” London Times

We are warriors, of sorts...

I get that there are 'different' types of Christians in the world, and indeed that it takes all types of people, Christian and otherwise to make the world, I myself don't understand why people put so much effort into trying to convert 'other' religions to their own because I dont think religion (or faith) defines a persons character, or implies some form or depth of integrity... I just don't get it, its not to say I'm right or wrong, but if we focussed more on living better lives, giving more, being more empathetic, more gracious in defeat, more sharing in victory and more loving then I'm convinced that we'll be better people and the world, in some incremental way would be a better place, whatever faith we practice! The piece above, I did purely to convey that at times it takes a bit of delivry to create the best angels...not always, but battles and wars are far from fairytales and love poems...